St. Luke's outreach activities extend a helping hand to the greater community of Mount Vernon and our world in numerous and myriad ways, touching the lives of many. St. Luke's members serve individually and collectively to offer support and enrich our community at large.
More than 75 volunteers from St. Luke's are actively engaged in outreach activities and more than 5,000 hours were volunteered this past year. We care fortunate to have a generous and caring parish. It is our hope that we can continue to expand and involve more of our members in volunteer opportunities in giving time, finances, and compassion.
Outreach funds originate from the following sources:
- special Lenten/Good Friday Easter offerings
- special Thanksgiving offerings
- special Christmas offerings
- individual parishioner designated gifts
- Safeway food store e-Scrip
- 10 percent of the funds raised through various parish group activites within St. Luke's including the Catesby Jones barbecue, silent auction, craft fair, youth group sub-sandwich sales and car washes, Holy Smokes Firestarter sales, Pumpkin Patch sales, and outside organizations and individuals that lease space for their events and activities
- special fundraising efforts including the St. Luke's Spaghetti Dinner and the Rock Against Hunger.